<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 12, 2005

"Media Watch" - the last word 

Firstly, a mea culpa: responding to what I thought was an intrusive and irrelevant question, I misled the producer of the "Media Watch" program: I do in fact receive some money from the "Opinion Journal" (or more precisely, Dow Jones, which is the company that owns and runs the "Opinion Journal" and the "Wall Street Journal") for their republication of my "Good news" segments.

Now that we have finally settled the really momentous and world-stopping question of my financial relationship with the "Opinion Journal", the left can move on go back to ignoring "Good news from Iraq", or in case of the "Media Watch", downplaying its significance as list of "cute-kitten"-type stories.

I have already apologized for my lapse of judgment to the parties directly concerned, including the "Media Watch", which in good faith relied on my answers (according to an unkind view by
left wing bloggers, in order to portray me as an easily-dismissible amateur), and I now take this opportunity to apologize to my readers. Whatever I thought about the question, I should have answered truthfully, not only because it is a right thing to do, but because it has again allowed my critics to focus on a totally irrelevant issue instead of the question of the mainstream media's coverage of Iraq.

By the way, if you are coming here to gloat, please make sure you leave your contact details in the comments sections, as I will want to visit you in person to pay homage to a person who has never told a lie in their life. I'll be also bringing a rock or two as a gift, to add to your already large collection of first stones. Than I'll tuck you in your bed and switch on the TV, so that you can fall asleep blissfully never having to confront the terrifying reality that something might actually be going well in Iraq.

As always, for the significantly more comprehensive coverage of the issue, see
Tim Blair.

Update:
A U.S. Senate committee probing the defunct U.N. oil-for-food program in Iraq alleges that two politicians from Britain and France received millions of dollars worth of oil allocations from Saddam Hussein's regime.

Both men have denied the allegations.

A report released Thursday by the Senate Government Affairs Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations asserted that France's Charles Pasqua and Britain's George Galloway each were granted millions of barrels of oil allocations by Saddam to thank them for their positions in favor of loosening economic sanctions against Iraq.
But did they receive any money from the "Opinion Journal"?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?