<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

Christmas in Cambodia 

This is quite amusing. Glenn Reynolds posts the photo of the excerpt of the increasingly notorious John Kerry speech:

"I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gun boat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese, and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the President of the United States telling the American people I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia."
The President of the United States might have been partly right - John Kerry might not have been there, at least according to Tom Maguire.

If that proves to be the case, and John Kerry is found to have embellished his past in order to make a political point, at least he wouldn't be the first Democrat politician to do so. Who can forget the many lives and many pasts of Al Gore, if Al himself rather would? At least if I ever write something like

"I looked at his handwritten notes, then leaned forward and said: 'Mr President, it's all good, but I think we need a simple clincher. Why don't you just say, 'Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall?'' "
you know I'm only kidding.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?